Saturday, September 15, 2012

Command the Van

Yesterday I called my husband to see when he'd be home. At that moment, his van was stalled in traffic and people were honking at him, etc. I asked if his friend was coming to rescue him (like he did the day before). He said, "No, he is working. I don't know what I'm gonna do." I started praying right then. "Heavenly Father, thank You for Darrell and his van and we command that van to start right now in the name of Jesus. Silence. I said, "Maybe you should agree with me." He said, "I agree." I repeated, "We command the van to start..." he repeated "...in Jesus' name." he repeated. The next thing he said was, "It started, now if I can just keep it running..." I told him we'd be praying; smiled and hung up. I thanked God that the van started and asked Him to keep it running until Darrell got home - and told the boys to be praying as well. After a while, I called him again to see if the van was still running. He had driven to where his friend was working. Ah! What? He hadn't told me his plan. Well, I thought, he did make it to his destination. A little while later, he called me back to say it started again and he was on his way home. The boys and I prayed that he would make it home safe; and he did.
 
I couldn't help thinking about negative vs. positive...I think a lot. Many times in this life, even when we get the desired results of answered prayer, joy just doesn't seem to be there. I'm sure my husband was thankful. I certainly was. It saved us a lot of trouble. The van ran fine today...though it does still need some work.
 
The thought for this post crossed my mind...so I went and asked him how long he'd been stalled in traffic before I called yesterday. 10 minutes. How long after we prayed did the van start? 1 minute. Can I share that? Sure. So, do you think it worked? Yes.
 
When I made the call yesterday, I had no idea what was going on. Upon finding out, I really didn't have time to think or reason much. I could hear honking...and irritation in my husband's voice. I was thankful for the Holy Spirit's lead in the moment. In everything, give thanks. It's almost second nature to do that these days. Next, take authority. That came from within. There was a voice in my head that said, 'what if it doesn't work...you're gonna look stupid.' Next, get agreement. That too, came from within. Thankfully, it did work and doubt was snuffed out. All glory to God.
 
Every situation is different. There are times that we need to take authority and use the name of Jesus. He gave it to us - and it's okay to use it in our daily walk. How do we know when to ask and receive or walk in authority? We may not always know; but if we learn to listen, we can act on what we hear in the moment and see amazing, miraculous results. There are still times that I pray and ask for something - and along comes a prompt to give thanks instead. There are things that have been given to us already - and if you have it, there is no need to ask for it. It's a mindset. Walking by faith and not by sight is important. Knowing what you have even when you can't see it will pay off. Eternally.
 
Like I said, ALL glory to God. He is the faithful one. It's wonderful to hear and recognize His voice. He leads and guides us and walks beside us. Every moment of every day.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment