Once I experienced freedom; I was free! lol... My favorite freedom experience ever was the day that Jesus freed me from what I thought was unforgiveness that I could not seem to let go of. The problem turned out to be that I was holding judgment. Once I released judgment, I was free. It was so different. It wasn't like I really even tried - I just followed along and obeyed the leading of the Holy Spirit through one of the sweetest people I've ever met. The freedom that came that day was exhilarating. A very heavy weight was lifted off of me. Still when I think about it, I picture myself dancing in fields of grace, arms outstretched and lifted to Heaven. FREE! Oh, what it would be like to be forever in that field.
There are many levels of freedom in all different areas of life. Take religion for instance. I never thought I was a very religious person. Sure, I had my beliefs and traditions - but religious? Nah. I wasn't good enough to be religious. I knew the truth about myself. Ha! It wasn't until I started being freed of the bondage of religion that I realized how steeped in it I was. It started out as one tough, frustrating road...and somewhere along the way, God rescued me. The Holy Spirit taught my heart what my mind was having such a hard time grasping. I'm sure that I'm not completely free - and surely not because I wanted to be, because I really had no idea... Thanks to some great authors - one in particular named Joseph Prince, a wonderful circle of friends, and the Holy Spirit; I am blessed to have a much greater understanding of God's grace today - which has certainly brought me a long way!
Once I began to taste true freedom, I really developed an aversion to religion. Looking back, it makes sense that religion had to go...so tradition could follow. So many of my favorite traditions were tightly intertwined with religion.
Jesus said to the people who believed in him, “You are truly my disciples if you remain faithful to my teachings. And you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.” John 8:31-32 NLT
It took me opening up my bible to make sure what I was learning was truth - because it certainly did not line up with what I had been believing for most of my life. Good news...that's what it's all about! So much time is wasted on nonsense. Condemnation is a killer. Guilt is not from God. Jesus came to seek and to save - not to condemn. Grab a bible...read the gospels! He came that we could have and enjoy life abundantly, to the full, til it overflows! He laid down His life to save us...died...and rose again, that we could LIVE!
I once was told that I was addicted to religion. I took it as a compliment - because I knew that I wasn't - I was addicted to Jesus! I thank God for caring enough about me to undo the religion that did have me bound - and showing me how to live free in Christ. I pray that as I walk, I walk in the light of His Word and stay free - to be - who He made me to be!
I am thankful that He rooted and grounded me in love before shaking the foundations of everything I believed. I am so grateful for what He has done in my life. It makes me sad to see religion binding people up. I want the whole world to know that God is a great God - and all that encompasses. It makes me sad to see the skewed perceptions that people have of Him - the same ones that used to deceive me. Why is it so hard to understand how good God is and how much He loves us? Why is it so hard to break free of the deception of the enemy? So much gets blamed on God that isn't even remotely related to His plans or His will. And as for Him allowing bad things to happen...ah!!!!! READ the WORD and ask the Holy Spirit for revelation! It explains everything.
Taste and see that the Lord is good. Oh, the joys of those who take refuge in him! Fear the Lord, you his godly people, for those who fear him will have all they need. Even strong young lions sometimes go hungry, but those who trust in the Lord will lack no good thing. Psalm 34:8-10 NLT

No comments:
Post a Comment