Monday, December 5, 2011

Overcoming Oppression

Yesterday afternoon, my 9 year old son told me he was lightheaded. He'd been playing with his brother's iPod, so I asked him what game he had been playing. His answer was of no real concern; so I prayed for him and had him repeat some things after me and then asked if he needed anything to eat. He wasn't hungry. A little while later, after resting while I cleared out a place to put a little Christmas tree in his room, I called him to come and decorate it. He came back feeling worse; light headed with a headache and nausea added. I prayed for him again and got him a bucket - and then decided to make him walk with me to the bathroom.  Fear still likes to flirt from the past (he is healed of migraines/seizures) and I was concerned enough that it was time to PUSH - pray until something happens. So, while he hugged the bowl, I prayed over him again, making him repeat some things after me. No way were we going to let whatever was trying to come on him win out. We did this until the severity of the oppression let up. He never got sick. When we walked out of the bathroom, he was probably about 60% better. He went back to rest on the couch with the bucket. After resting for a while, ALL oppression left and he has been fine ever since! 

We are healed by the stripes of Jesus and it was through the power of God's Word and prayer that we saw that truth manifest in Braylon yesterday, and all those years ago. We did use what God showed us to in the natural to help him get to the point where he could be weaned off of the medication that we were told he would be on for the rest of his life. At one point, I was apparently putting too much emphasis on that means - because I fully believe that God crossed my path with a messenger that brought that to my attention and said that whatever means God used to heal my son was His business, but my part was to give ALL GLORY to GOD. As we walked the road off of medication, we did hit a few speed bumps - testing my trust - and, by God's grace, I continued to submit to Him, speaking the truth of His Word over my son and resisting the devil. I used to wish he would go play somewhere else and someplace along the way, he did - although he likes to come back and test the waters every now and then. Like I wrote before, fear from the past likes to flirt - BUT - we are overcomers by the blood of the Lamb and the word of our testimonies. The testimony from yesterday was a blessing for my son and a faith builder for me. It is nice to see God's Word work in a timely manner! When circumstances of life continually try to prove the opposite of what I know to be true, it wears me down. There has been a lot of circumstantial nonsense lately for sure.

I thank God for HIS WORD and praise Him for answers to prayer - many times before I see them!

What kind of work did God do for 6 days? He SPOKE. His spoken Word went forth with power and accomplished what it was sent forth to do. Braylon knows the power of speaking God's Word and that it was important for him to speak it out over himself. He was weak, but he was able to repeat after me. The enemy knows who we are if we are children of God - born again believers in Jesus Christ. He gauges whether we know who we are or not based on the authority we walk in. He knows God's Word is truth and he knows he is a liar. When we submit to God and resist him, he has to flee. The Bible tells us that the power of life and death is in our tongue. If our words have that much power, just imagine what kind of power is in God's Word. When we speak it out, it will accomplish what it was sent forth to do. God's Word is alive and active and full of power - it is operative and energizing. Word of God SPEAK! It works. And then, REST - knowing that the TRUTH WILL PREVAIL - always.  : )

1 comment:

Nikki said...

Michele, your faith inspires me and touches my heart. Nikki

Post a Comment