Sunday, September 21, 2014

The Armor of God

I've heard about it in church, discussed it in various bible studies, memorized and recited the passage in Ephesians chapter 6, studied it in depth, and passed on what I've learned. It's even what I chose for this blog to stand for. Today, as I listened to the armor being described for what could be the umpteenth time, a light bulb came on. I had a great revelation! It was so simple.

****** Armor of God = JESUS CHRIST ******

How many times have we heard that we must put on our armor every day. Better yet, we should sleep in the armor; never taking it off, so we will always be suited up, armed, and ready for battle.

Well, guess what?!

IN CHRIST, we have our armor.

He is truth. (belt)

He is our righteousness. (breastplate)

He is the gospel of peace. (shoes)

He is our hiding place. (shield)

He is our salvation. (helmet)

He is the word of God. (sword)

There are so many interesting things that correlate with the armor.  But I'm not going to elaborate on this post...because, keeping it simple is important.

KNOW WHO YOU ARE IN CHRIST.

IN CHRIST, we have ALL we need.
IN CHRIST, we have victory.

So, I changed the title of this blog from:  "When we *put on* God's armor & STAND, all the enemy sees is Jesus, who defeated him!"

to:  "When we *have on* God's armor & STAND, all the enemy sees is Jesus, who defeated him!"

The simplicity was there ... but, I don't think it captured it completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment