Wednesday, August 28, 2013

FULFILLMENT!

Things have been better as of late,
though I've been hesitant to celebrate.
Right now, I testify & give God glory!
He is always faithful - right on time;
never late - though it does seem so
sometimes when we have to wait!

This post is written to give God glory and to say thank you to every single person; family, friend, acquaintance, and even those we may not know that have ever prayed for my family - and more specifically for my son, Brian. It is for those who have taken part in being the hands, feet, and voice of Jesus into his life - whether you knew it or not. There is no way I could even begin to name you all and I don't want to leave anyone out. It is also for every person who couldn't or wouldn't understand ... and for those who judged falsely and told me there was no hope. Let me say with confidence that my God is always faithful.
 
It's been a long journey...
 
We all have and make choices - some good and some bad. Brian made some choices in his middle school years that would stick with him and get worse into his high school years and beyond. Things were really scary at times.
 
God heard me when I cried out to Him and took authority against the enemy that was trying to steal my son(s). It was a desperate day. However, the Holy Spirit inside of me was and is greater than any evil that dare try to come against my family. He rose up in me and a boldness replaced what had been fear. Most importantly Brian lived and there was no doubt that it was a miracle. That was freshmen year. I was told by school officials that my son needed serious help and I needed to do something about it. But, I could not understand why they were not willing to help me. Yes, my son needed help...but there was a bigger picture...and I felt that what we were going through was largely in part due to that which was being ignored! I was livid and didn't hide it. It's a memory I wish I didn't have.
 
It was clear to me that he needed constant supervision 24/7, and outside of school hours, that was up to me. On top of everything else I was responsible for (mom of 6), I was stressed out! He was required to have intensive outpatient counseling...and on top of that, I felt he needed to be rounded out with a positive spiritual influence. Two really good friends agreed to take him once a week during that time to speak life into him, and pray with him and over him. That kept my hope alive.
 
God was with us when we made a major decision to open up our doors in love, changing our family dynamics...and He was with us when we chose to close them. He kept me calm when I realized that the latter decision had been a huge mistake. He gave me strength to be supportive to Brian through the roller coaster of events that followed. He was faithful to bring him home to us alive. He held me close as I watched my son's life fall apart. He helped me detach and gave me peace - even as my heart was breaking. He was with me when I fell for lies and felt trapped. He loved me through times of great frustration, feelings of helplessness, and hopelessness. He gave me boldness when it was time to make a stand. He gave me resources and let me know when the time was right to use them. He has been faithful every step of the way.
 
I have been seriously DONE so many times...and God always gives me what I need to keep going. He is the faithful one. Truly blessed and highly favored has absolutely nothing to do with circumstance - just like there is nothing I can do to make God love me any more or any less. Everything centers around what Christ Jesus has done for me - and my identity in Him. Same for you.
 
The goodness, grace, and faithfulness of God never cease to amaze me. I was so blessed today as I watched and listened to my son tell me in detail what the Lord is doing in his life. It is nothing short of spectacular and the glory goes to God alone! Things are moving and changing at lightning speed. Doors are opening up and he is eager to walk through them and start a new chapter in his life. The Holy Spirit's presence in him is very evident and he is experiencing new life in Christ in an amazing and powerful way!
 
2 Corinthians 5:17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new.
 
Thank YOU for the part you have had in seeing God's plan for Brian's life come to fruition. Only He knows every mustard seed of faith that has been planted in prayer on Brian's behalf, as well as every deed that has been done in His name and for His glory. I am aware of a lot of them already...and He has been bringing things to mind that I realize were His hands at work, His feet in motion, and His voice speaking at key times when I literally had no voice, when my hands were so weary I could hardly hold them up, and when my feet were so tired that they would not carry me a step further.
 
I am very grateful for the people that God has placed in our lives to help us along the journey!

I want to remember this especially...that which has been missing in Brian's life since he has been alive...God is performing a restorative work...and I am in total awe and absolutely amazed.
 
Please take time to praise God for His awesomeness and answers to prayer!!
 
Brian's specific prayer request at this time is "FULFILLMENT".
 
I looked it up:  1) the act or state of fulfilling: to witness the fulfillment of a dream; to achieve fulfillment of one's hopes. 2) the state or quality of being fulfilled; completion; realization.
 
And to that, we can agree that He who began a good work in Brian will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus. AMEN!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment