Friday, August 26, 2011

HEALED

...by the stripes of Jesus!  That is the truth...regardless of the fact that my body doesn't seem to be done with the battle for health.  I have found that my mind is definitely stronger than my body and my spirit is stronger than my flesh - literally and seriously.  When I almost caved in to the weakness of my flesh, God rescued me with TRUTH from His Word; renewing my mind, which strengthened my inner man - as the outer was wasting away.  No exaggeration.  The battle has not been easy and it has gone on for far too long.  The doctor has never seen anything like it - nor has he ever seen anyone have such a severe reaction for so long in his career.  Tough case.  He said that I'm a trooper.  It does not really offer much comfort - but, I guess it is nice to know that someone thinks so.  It may be true - but, I am so thankful for the grace of God and His faithfulness, because without Him, I am nothing.  I know exactly when I would have given up, because I almost did.  I've been thankful for some breaks in between - and I'm doing better...but, better is not quite good enough and I am so ready for the war to be over for good.  Healed and whole is my goal.

The decision to take another week of summer for the boys - to allow me more time to get things in order and get prepared for school was a great one.  The new school room (yippee!) isn't completely in order or decorated yet, but we have books and a place to work.  Things that kept being put on hold have been taken care of - and we even made it to a movie.  I have learned not to stress myself too much (when I can help it) as it only makes things worse.  It has actually been hard not to open those books up and start this week (for me, not the boys...lol) but Monday will be here soon enough.  I'm a little surprised that I'm so excited...but, it's nice. 

I should be sleeping...but, I'm waiting on laundry...that can not wait until tomorrow.  It would have been nice to know this before 10pm, when I was on my way out the door for a late run to the store.  I did not stop to switch loads before I went - so it made for a late night.  At least I get to catch up on some writing...and in the morning, I plan to sleep in!

No comments:

Post a Comment