Friday, August 26, 2011

God's Faithfulness

We recently got some bad news - for our financial situation anyway.  I did my best not to worry and prayed every time I thought about it; planning to do whatever I could think of to work it out.  (I think we prayed for creativity and strategy in our prayer and declaration time at church on Wednesday night too.)  Yesterday, I had a huge PILE of business to tend to and got ALMOST everything taken care of - some things in faith, knowing that other things would have to work out later - but for now, it was time to set up the stage.  Really, I tried really hard to: not get sidetracked with interesting data...stay Spirit-led in what order to do things in...and not get frustrated at people who had nothing better to do than waste my valuable time!  At the end of the day, Darrell checked the mail and carried in the answer - that had been on the way the entire time!  God had it all figured out and I didn't have to do anything really - only trust (or do my best to try anyway) and obey and know that God is always faithful and things would work out.  He always amazes me - always.  He's SO GOOD!!

How cool it is to be able to STAND in FAITH and REST in God's FAITHFULNESS.  It makes no sense unless you know Him.  ; )

And really...the part I need to work on is resting...I've had plenty of practice standing.  I don't know why I would ever even question God and His goodness - or His faithfulness...yet, that is essentially what I'm doing when I am not at rest.  So glad that what He has already done is not dependent on anything I do.  All I have to do is dare to believe...and rest in what is already done.

Oh, how He loves us!

No comments:

Post a Comment