Tuesday, November 8, 2011

WARFARE

THE BATTLE...IS REAL!

No guts...no glory!
We are Not of those who draw back unto perdition [destruction]!
He never said it would be easy...but the end result is Worth it!
We are many...but One Body.
We ARE our brother's keeper...if he/she hurts...you hurt!
There may be casualties...as in any war.
We want to keep them to a bare minimum.
We are into...taking back ground, for the KING of kings!!
Grow not weary in well-doing; you will reap if you faint not!
Press on! Never give up, except to God!
Ever forward, looking to Jesus! Heed...the call! 
Rise up, take your place; there's a battle to be won!


~Kelly Giovanni Vitale 
Soldier in the KING'S Army



The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly. ~Jesus (in John 10:10)  


The poem came through my fb feed via 'I just want to praise You, Jesus'.  I was posting this on the Healing Brigade and noticed the time (10:10...hence the verse) and yes, I did fudge the time on this site - just to make it match.  ; )


*******************************


The timing of this is interesting to me...as my heart is sad for another family's loss. When I think about it, I think of more than loss in the traditional sense. I think of it as a casualty of war. That's really what it was.

One time I was standing in faith with a family for their baby's life. At a certain point, there was a shift in my prayers. I went to praying for the parents - standing in the gap AS the parents - crying out to God in their place. It's like my spirit knew something was changing - I didn't understand it; but yielded to the Holy Spirit and let Him pray through me. They were so heavy on my heart. I explained the situation in a small group and asked for prayer for the parents there too. My heart sank as the lead in the group prayed for the baby (there isn't anything wrong with that - it was the obvious need) but I still today can't explain the urgency that was on my heart for the parents...and the agreement wasn't there. Soon after, I sent out an e-mail to my friends who had been standing with us. I received a call back from my mentor in the faith. She wanted to know where I stood - if I understood that it had been a casualty of war. I hadn't thought of it that way - but it was a great word picture - helping me to keep my focus clear. There are so many questions when we pray and don't see the answer we are expecting. It happens a lot - but it is vitally important to remember that though we do not understand it all - God's Word is true and He is faithful to it. No matter what we see, feel, or experience...it's not to us. Our part is to keep the faith - and only beLIeVE. Pray for LIFE. Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life. He conquered death. We are more than conquerors in Him who loves us.  

OUR REDEEMER and HEALER LIVES!

No comments:

Post a Comment