Friday, October 28, 2011

What a Week!

It's been a while since I've had so many rough days in a row.  School with the boys was hectic to put it mildly.  I failed much more than I succeeded this week...it's just the plain truth.  Leaving the worst parts unwritten, a very comical thing happened this morning.  After a cardiac-crazy, late night of watching game 6 of the World Series, I didn't get up when my 3 alarms rang 15 minutes apart.  I woke 20 minutes before we were supposed to be leaving. Ahh!!!  With eyes burning, not ready to be open yet, legs freezing from the recent temperature change, and well, enough of that...lol...I started waking the boys up telling them we only had 20 minutes to be ready. They don't move quickly.  Twenty-five minutes later, I glanced at my watch and uttered a pleading help me prayer.  Darrell started moving.  I asked him to check on the kids to make sure they were ready.  A few minutes later, I followed to check for myself and Darrell told me he had sent the other 2 to their rooms - leaving only the little one in the kitchen complaining that he was in trouble for doing what I told him to.  FREAK OUT MOMENT!  All peace and quiet ended, as I shifted into panic mode - calling all of the boys to action.  Oh my goodness! We left 10 very long minutes later - praying - catching LONG red lights - praying some more!!  Glory to God for His merciful, graceful, loving ways.  We got to Friday school on time, safely, with no speeding tickets.  I even drove slow through the LONG work zone in McKinney.  The boys and I laughed about the morning on the way home - and stopped off to pick up pizza for lunch.  I shared the comedy perspective with Darrell (who happened to be home) because it sure wasn't comical when it happened! We all ate together - a little treat - since it's not that common to have lunch with Darrell unless it's on a Sunday.

The boys and I rearranged the living room for comfort and watched "How Great Is Our God" after lunch.  Wow - how amazing is our God?!  It was helpful as the day continued to be thinking on it.  I teared up as I said goodbye to Bradley (who is spending the weekend with his Meemo) taking his face in my hands and telling him some truths.  I've done that with Braylon a couple of times this week as well - having been impacted by another video recently on the power of words.  I already knew, but now I have a picture etched in my mind of blessings verses anything that's not blessing.  

Have you ever been so embarrassed you walked out of a place?  I have.  Today was one of those times.  I was disappointed and told the boys so.  Later when they were talking about it, I realized just how embarrassed I should have been - and would have been had I been aware of all that was going on at Payless.  Brenton's purple hair that keeps fading to pink, puts a different spin on a lot of daily interactions - and it definitely added some spice today.

The Rangers did not win the World Series. I'm pretty bummed about it.  I know it shouldn't affect me so, but for some reason, it is.  So many other things are on my mind as well.  Laying down and quitting sounds good tonight.  Thanking God that tomorrow (and everyday) starts NEW with Him!  Going to soak under a favorite cd while I sleep - planning on waking up early because............

Joseph Prince is in the USA this weekend. BIG TREAT!  Gonna be hangin' with 2 of my "J" for "JOY" people - and a D and a couple of B's too.  : )

No comments:

Post a Comment