Sunday, September 25, 2011

Moments in Time

Last Monday night, I attended a bible study that I had really been looking forward to.  I missed out on the first week - which I regretted almost immediately.  : /  On the way there, as I drove further and further away from home, I wondered if it was going to be worth it - the drive...the time?  I thought, 'I can't do this every week...it's too far.  What was I thinking?'  Well, it WAS worth it - I CAN do it every week - it is NOT too far - what WAS I thinking?!  God is amazing and has impeccable timing.  He sees...He knows...He loves!!!  He was there.  His anointing is so special.  His gifts are so personal.  His love is so radical.

The rest of the week, I fought off lying symptoms.  Airborne and Xango came in handy - and I managed to fit lots of rest into a fairly tight schedule.  Midweek, I heard a special word:  Sit at His feet until He stands you up.  Nice!  There's no better place to be.  : )  It was a low stress week and everything worked out.

There was an incident where I pleaded the blood of Jesus over myself - and watched as God totally took care of everything.  I never had to say a word and simply watched in amazement as the moment passed me by.  The next day, some darkness came to light and I thank God for a revealing moment.

Saturday came with more symptoms to stand against.  It was a bit of a rough day...and I thought I might not be able to make it to church on Sunday.  Abigail and Alivia came to stay overnight and we had a good time.  The boys helped out and we made a trip to the park for a beautiful sunset sky and a swinging good time.  This morning, Darrell helped out so I could get ready for church and I'm so glad we went!  Alivia went to worship with us and fell asleep through the sermon.  She got to go through the anointing prayer line with me afterwards.  It was special for both of us.  Joy.  Love.  What a blast!!  Last night, I showed Abby a picture of a broom standing alone for the fall equinox online.  She really wanted to see it in person, but our broom wouldn't stand because it was broken.  When we went to check her into class this morning, there it was!!  She got to see it in person...a sweet little kiss from God for her.

This afternoon, I was pumped at the prospect of hope.  Discouragement came quick and tried to squash it.  Not going there - prayer is powerful and changes things!  Thankful for a faithful God.

Tonight, I was writing out my homework assignment for the bible study and remembered a special story that brought me surprisingly great joy the first time I heard it.  It would prove to do the same again - so amazing!  It reminds me that my God is just.  

God is just: He will pay back trouble to those who trouble you...  1 Thessalonians 1:6

There are times when I take great comfort in that verse - especially in times of:  perseverance and faith in all the persecutions and trials I am enduring.  (v. 4)

The other issues I've been having are resolving.  I am doing much better and am particularly thankful for the prayers that have gone forth in my behalf.  I sincerely hope and pray that it is over - forever!  In Jesus' name, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment