Friday, September 9, 2011

TGIF

The boys have been fighting off symptoms all week and I've still been having a rough time with my arm and add to that...my hip.  We really enjoyed our 2 day Labor Day rest - 4 in all with the weekend.  Thanks to AISD for that extra day idea!  We needed it!!  Got to spend some time with Abigail and Alivia on Tuesday!!  

It's been over 2 weeks since I've seen the doctor, so today when I went to fill up on water, I was glad to see he wasn't real busy and was sure hoping he'd have time to check on me between patients.  A little dilly-dallying around helped.  He is still in amazement at how long this is continuing on, but feels sure that it is saving me and my family a whole lot of trouble in the future - getting rid of the toxins now that is...  I've had it.  Not that I can't stand any longer - I can - but, I have had it.  Just had to say that.  My declaration of war with acid water and apple cider vinegar and the hot water bottle is a no go.  Doc wasn't a fan of it - have to stick with the right way to do things.  So, it's back to soaking baths.  In place of the silver gel, oxygenated olive oil is getting a try.  Kind of reminds me of lanolin - sticky and stinky - but I'm hoping it works.  So really, my body is doing what it is supposed to - getting rid of stuff that's not supposed to be in there - but my skin is having a rough time releasing it and healing back up again.  Agony is the word.

Hopefully one day I'll look back on this and laugh, but it was not very funny when it happened.  When we run really hot water sometimes, the tub pipes spit out grime.  This time was exceptionally bad.  After running about 2 inches of water, I saw little particles floating around so I opened the drain and turned the faucet all the way to hot to get it all out.  I have never seen so much grime - gross!  Darrell was nice and scrubbed the tub for me when I thought it was all out.  I know better than to put anything in the water until it's full and clear.  I learned the hard way - more than once...  Well, after it was about 2/3 full, more grime.  I flushed the pipes for about 1/2 an hour more (successfully using up all of the hot water) and made sure it was all out.  Darrell had a great idea to let the water heat up again and then fill the tub with the shower - and scrubbed the tub again.  It worked - the water looked fairly clear - though it was so steamy in there that it was kind of hard to tell.  So, I soaked - although much later than desired.  Getting out, I noticed the bottom of my feet were grimy - which meant the water probably was too - and sure enough, the tub was grimy.  Yuck!  And now I smell lovely; like olive oil.

By God's grace - that's the way I make it through the day - any day - ever.  I'm thankful for it - as well as His favor, blessings, and love.  Really looking forward to no more tears and no more pain.  Going to sleep now - praying for southern California to regain electricity and for RAIN and no more fires in Texas!

On a lighter note, I laughed so hard today at a video of the 'wrong way' to worship - but actually, it's the wrong way to live...  Here's the link:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJp98hoqy5I&feature=player_embedded


No comments:

Post a Comment