Last Wednesday night, when Darrell called to say he wouldn't make it to church, it was so tempting to just stay home. Thanks to a text from the children's ministry, we went. Boy, was I blessed. All the pastor had to do was mention the topic and I knew exactly why I was there. Not for obvious reasons so much as for some hidden ones. It took some humility to stand at the end, but I'm glad I did.
Tonight was a little different, but tempting just the same. We have a friend who was speaking at a different church tonight and I kind of wanted to go, support him, and hear what he had to say. Darrell couldn't make it again, so I decided to go to our home church. I hadn't gotten a real answer either way, but peace is always a good radar - and I had peace about the River.
This time, it took a little while for me to know exactly why I was there - but when understanding came, it was clear. And at the end, it was an urgency that took me forward. Tonight, a veil was lifted - and when it lifted, the pure, white, light of heaven shone down with a brilliance that made the sun pale in comparison.
A simple message was presented - and it flattened everything in it's path - in my life anyway. Dreams are okay. That's a blog in itself, so I'll leave it for now - except to say that I'm dreaming big - not for me, but for God's glory! That spark was fanned into a flame yesterday. Live for the moment - don't wait - no more missed opportunities and regrets. Walk by faith - dare to believe - and watch it happen! Back to tonight; open heaven - it is there, over me. I know a couple of my mentors will be glad that I finally understand this. Woohoo! I have a ladder...thank You Jesus! Angels - they are all around me. They have assignments and they do God's will when they hear His Word. I will be commissioning them often - they won't be bored. We are the hands, feet, and mouth of Jesus in this world. When He was here, He spoke His Father's will. Now, it is up to us. I've known that for a few years now - and practice it often, but tonight, I learned something about the government that was upon His shoulder. Of the increase of His government and of peace, there shall be no end! (Isaiah 9:6-7) I felt that tonight on my shoulder and it was not a heavy burden. Believers are the body of Christ, and He is our head. His yoke is easy and His burden is light. With a new understanding, and pictures straight from God's Word, skepticism didn't even whisper. Peace replaces fear about things that have hindered me for far too long.
Thank You God for letting me see Your light - for shining it down on me. Thank You for increasing my joy. I'm rejoicing before You, and I'm ready. Here I am, send me. You know my heart and I'm praying for my team - that You would light the fire in them - fan the flames - let them hear Your voice and answer the call.
I love my God. I love my family. I love my church. I love what God is doing in me. I can't wait to see what He's going to do through me. Breathless anticipation...
I really like (love) the Silk & Satin Lamb Lite candle I got for my birthday too! Now off for some Light Your World time.
No comments:
Post a Comment