Friday, we started out early at ChiroSpa. Leaving, we had to make a detour and on the way, I found out we would not be driving our Meals on Wheels route. My niece decided to stay with her dad and I had a few hours of unexpected free time on my hands. I chose to spend it at Sam's, backing up my memory cards to dvd's; not that the machines would cooperate and give me those dvd's. I was able to get one though, which allowed me to delete enough pics from the memory card to be able to take more this weekend.
Darrell packed some sandwiches for our drive and we headed out to Waco for another niece's high school graduation. Barely making it on time, there was standing room only. [And you would think we were in the sun with how warm it was...lol] My sister in law insisted that the ladies come sit with her and the guys could stand. As hard as that was, I did it. I didn't feel so bad about the guys standing as I did about her husband moving so we could all fit in. At least he did still get to sit though. After the ceremony, we went over to their house for dinner. While the food was warming, the boys came running to tell me that my brother in law was getting his gun and was about to shoot a snake that had riled up all the chickens. Yes, I took my camera and followed! Way too close to the pen when the shot fired, I jumped! I don't know what I was expecting, but the loud sound and sight of the shot fire scared me. When he pulled that snake out, it was as long as he was tall! So, about 6 feet long. The only thing good about that was that the snake was dead! We had a pretty good visit after that - admiring two litters of playful puppies, enjoying visiting with family, and eating good food - before we headed back home. The stars were gorgeous in the dark country sky, and the big dipper looked so close!! God's creation is so amazing.
Saturday, we were able to sleep in a bit - as I had cancelled our CS appointment. I had another important appointment that could not be changed, and I didn't realize how heart sick I would be to miss graduation for AHS. Two special girls were graduating!! After taking care of all that had to be done with the appointment and at home, the boys and I set out to go visit some of our family. First stop, Mardel - just to look around. What I found was great! "Guitar Praise" a Christian version of Guitar Hero - something I've wondered about for a quite a while and had no idea it had been invented. Well, it was on sale for $20 - score! Second stop, my mom's apartment. We spent about an hour there, getting to see Brittany and the girls as well. Third stop, my aunt & uncle's house. We spent about an hour there as well - and another 1/2 hour outside - until my uncle came out and got onto us for ignoring the dog that was going crazy, barking inside! Then it was back home for a late dinner and Guitar Praise.
The guitar needed batteries. Let me just say that I wasn't really too excited about getting out again. I had to track down two boys and send them home to shower and took Bradley with me to the store - telling him not to let me forget ice - figuring I should get all we needed while we were out. Long story short, we forgot the ice. As we were walking out of the store, Bradley said, "Mom, don't forget your ice." I said, "Darn! I forgot to pay for the ice!" We turned around right there and went back to the check-out - where there was already another customer being waited on. As I walked around him to get back in line, I heard, "Hey!" Looking up, I realized it was Kayla - one of the special graduation girls!! I gave her a hug and asked her how she was - and how she had been earlier. After hearing all about graduation, I asked her what was going on now and if there was anything I could help her with. She explained that she had been at a party (for her and her cousin) and was headed home because Kyleigh wasn't behaving. She had stopped for milk and pull-ups. I asked if she wanted me to take Kyleigh home. Long story short again, we got our ice and took Kyleigh with us! The boys and I enjoyed our time with Kyleigh and of course, I took lots of pictures. What a blessing it was for us - and for Kayla. It was truly a divine appointment! It was so clear to me that if even one step had been different, the connection wouldn't have been made. So glad our steps are ordered by the LORD!
As for Guitar Praise... The boys said I did a great job for my first ever attempt at playing a guitar game. : ) I am so thrilled that we have good lyrics to play with!
No comments:
Post a Comment