Saturday, May 7, 2011

Gifts, Desires, & Fruit

Discernment...a gift from God.  Not one that was recognized, accepted, or nurtured when I was a child.  Rather, it was met with resistance and fear.  I had no idea it was a gift.  I hadn't asked for it.  Through my teenage years, God's grace got me through...because believe me, I wasn't paying attention to anything that could keep me out of trouble.  As I started coming out of that phase, and people started speaking into my life and trying to bring some of my natural beauty and giftings out, again, they were met with resistance...and I let it go.  Later, still young, but with a daughter of my own, I could see it working in her - although I still had no idea what it was.  I just knew that if she was sensing something, and even if I did not, I should heed the warning - and usually did.  Later, when I sensed something terribly wrong in another situation - I sought help and did my best to nurture and protect my precious children.  I spent way too much time being mad at God - not understanding that it was not Him who was at fault for so much of what was going on in my life.

From the time I was little, the enemy was busy trying to steal away what God had given me - with his lies and fear - which is a spirit, by the way...  The Holy Spirit though, is something else - and there are certain things that even during the times in my life when I was not walking closely with God, His Spirit would rise up in me, and take a firm stand against evil.  Not that I understood the Holy Spirit either - but, I knew God was God and evil was evil.  Have you ever noticed that evil is most of the devil's name?!  Kind of random, but it dawned on me just now...lol  Kind of like earlier today, when it dawned on me that religion was evil.  I know that could be offensive, but Jesus offended many in His day, so please, keep reading!

Just to clarify, I'm talking about religion - not sin.  As Joseph Prince says, "I am vehemently against sin".  Me too - against both - religion and sin.  Sin is evil too, but that is another post entirely.

JESUS, the WORD of GOD - HE IS the way, the truth, and the life.  The GOSPEL is the GOOD NEWS of JESUS CHRIST, it is not a bunch of rules, requirements, and ridiculousness, that is a man made attempt at ... hmm ... what is it that religion is trying to do?!  Conform.  Control.  Bind.  Press down.  And so on.

I recently heard about a missions trip that was kind of an aggravating experience for the person.  They went with a missions board and were not given much freedom in speaking or acting.  Children were involved.  Thinking about it, I wondered if it was really a missions trip - or more of a humanitarian awakening - look, see, and be humbled - go back home and let your life be changed by what you've seen - kind of thing.  I'm not trying to be critical - and I'm sure there are reasons for everything and I know nothing about missions, but come on!  If you are going to go; why go with those who would govern God's love.  Jesus loves little children.  If He were going, He would be touching and healing and loving - freely.  I felt the Lord was reminding me that I belong to HIM and though it is good to have accountability in place for my sake and other's, it is okay to follow Him on my own.  I've been doing that for quite a while successfully, so why stop now?!  I never have cared for strings much - as in being attached.  : )

I was thinking about opportunities that I have let slip by...listening to the lies of the enemy.  I wanted to help teenagers after I had been helped.  I understood them.  But, I was too young and had no formal training, and then I became a mom.  I wanted to help children, but there was too much red tape in the system.  I would be too frustrated - I don't like to be bound by rules and regulations.  I wanted to help young moms but had my hands full with my teenagers...lol.

Looking back, I did help teenagers - I never quit loving my own and even though I made mistakes, I kept their confidence and accepted them and supported them, whether I was in agreement with them or not.  I helped some of their friends too - accepting them into our home and loving on them, feeding them, counseling them, etc.  I did help children - I have six of my own - and I've nurtured many more - and guess what?!  Though I wasn't perfect, I broke free from the bondage of many rules and regulations and learned how to love freely!  I am totally in love with my nanababy girls.  I have helped a couple of young moms too.  It seems that all of the desires of my heart have been given to me.  Even if not in my timing, or in the way I expected - God's timing is always perfect, and His way is best!

The correct way to read what is written in the law is:  LOVE...the Lord your God with all your heart, mind, soul, and strength...and your neighbor...as yourself.  If we do this, we will LIVE...said Jesus!  This was in response to an expert in 'the law' asking Jesus how to inherit eternal life.

But the FRUIT of the SPIRIT is LOVE.  Joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control; against such things there is no law.  That is Galatians 5:22-23.  Nothing added and nothing taken away - however, I did change the punctuation around.  We are taught that there are nine fruits of the Spirit - even though in all versions, fruit is singular - not plural.  Also, the Bible tells us that GOD is LOVE.  I heard one time that love is like a curtain rod and joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control hang from it.  Cool description!  

LOVE, LIVE, LAUGH!!!

I need to laugh a lot more... 

I removed the playlist so I can post other songs.  I used to sing this song from my heart, though I didn't realize exactly what I was singing.  But, God loves to answer when we pray (or sing) according to His will.  My Father's Eyes

No comments:

Post a Comment