Monday, May 23, 2011

Got Gas?!

This morning, when we got in the car and I saw the gas light glowing, I realized that I had forgotten to get gas yesterday.  We were running late for an appointment and there were no gas stations on the way.  I thought a little prayer, and some other things...like, I wish I had taken time to stop on Saturday and gas up when I saw it for $3.66 at 2 places, and if that wasn't a hint + confirmation, then I don't know what it was...  But, I had enough gas and didn't want to be late to where we were going that day either, so I didn't stop.  How things ended up, I would have had plenty of time.  So anyway, for a second, I considered driving across town to go get gas after the appointment.  A few minutes later, the gas light went off and the gage was above empty!!  We were on a straightway - no hills and no turns!!  I thanked God.  Later this evening, on another errand, I passed up a gas station a little too late to see the price...thinking I would stop on the way back.  Would you believe that I passed up the gas station again on the way back - but this time, I saw the price and had to do a double take.  Gas for $3.59?!  Seven cents less and no drive across town!!  I made a u-turn and filled up the tank.  It's really cool to live a truly blessed and highly favored life!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment