Start digging anywhere in this world and you'll probably find something you weren't at all expecting to find.
What lies beneath? Read it first as a question - and then as a statement. What LIES beneath!
It is amazing what you can find if you just look. It is also amazing what God will show you if you are open to see or hear - and then, in my case at least, there are times that I didn't really care to much to see or hear and God decided to point it out anyway. If I choose to ignore it for a while, He is faithful to remind me again. I guess what matters most is what I do with it all. That seems to be the hard part for me. At least for now.
I've learned things from the BC years up through the AD years and into the present...our nation and founding fathers...the church, religion(s), and holidays...and even about the sun - which I will take this opportunity to say is NOT a star like my children were taught in public school...and it is not God either...as many believe.
God has set His children apart. We are in this world, but we are not of it. There are plenty of instructions for us to pay attention to in God's Word. I'm not talking about law and grace - I'm talking about specific instruction for believers - and actually, more instruction of what not to do or fall for. Serving God is not as hard as we make it. All we have to do is love Him, worship & adore Him, listen, obey, and follow Him. It's not always easy in the flesh, but if we exercise our spirit and feed it plenty of the Word, it will grow stronger and so will our resolve. JESUS is King of Kings and Lord of Lords - and we are destined to REIGN in Him. To do that, we must first KNOW HIM. To know Him is to love Him. To love Him is to obey Him. He gives us that desire. He gives us a new set of want to's. : )
I wish I could write all night, but I must sleep. Honk Shoe.
No comments:
Post a Comment