Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Breakthrough Testimony

For years, I had a knowing that 2008 was HUGE...but I had no idea why.  I had great anticipation for at least 2 years before.  The biggest thing I could imagine was Jesus coming back...but, a more probable thing would be to see breakthrough in my family.

I had counseled off and on from late 1999 or early 2000.  Our whole family went for one session of marriage/family counseling, but following, I went alone.  It was different from any counsel I had ever had (and I grew up in counseling).  I will always be grateful for those years - as I learned how to rely on and trust God - walking daily in His grace, though I had no idea just how amazing His grace really was.  Thank God my counselor did - a man of God who knew how to listen and then take authority in the Spirit and pray God's Word over me and my family!  It took me a while to figure out why those prayers were so powerful - but eventually, I got revelation...lol.

In 2005, I started attending a ladies prayer group.  I made friends with faith-filled believers and my leaders became my mentors.  It was (and still is) a lifeline - as the other counseling came to an end.  I also made a very special friend at the end of 2005 that would change my life forever.  I was seeking rock-solid faith like she had (like nothing I had ever seen before) I experienced an insatiable hunger and thirst for God's Word.  As I learned about God's will to heal, one of my sons came off of meds for migraines and seizures and another son came off of a slew of meds for asthma - both of them healed by the Word of God and prayer in 2006.  I was also healed of several emotional wounds during this time and was filled with the Holy Spirit.  In January of 2007, a traumatic event occurred with another son.  I thank God that the Holy Spirit rose up in me to pray that day and believe beyond a shadow of a doubt that it saved his life.  For the next nine months or so, I was completely tied up with related repercussions.  In November 2007, another son - 8 years old at the time - was diagnosed with Stage IV Wilms tumor.  A tumor had overtaken his right kidney and cancer had spread into his lungs.  God protected him through chemo, several surgeries, transfusions, more chemo, radiation - and a few screw-ups here and there - none of them minor to us.  God was faithful to His Word and my son was NED - no evidence of disease - in October of 2008.  That was HUGE!  Hallelujah, Glory to God, Thank You Jesus!!!  It was my first time to abandon all doubt - rely on and trust God fully - putting my faith to the test.  He made it so easy.  It was His Word I was standing on, not mine - and He proved He is always faithful.  Thank God for His Amazing Grace!

I have seen many breakthroughs - even more than are mentioned here.  I am still waiting on some other breakthroughs and I believe I will see them soon.  Glory to God.  His Kingdom come, His will be done!

No comments:

Post a Comment