I got a text this morning from KSCS - 96.3 FM - which I get often, as I am still on their text list from when we texted in and won Disney Princess on Ice tickets last year. Most of the time, the events don't interest us, but this one was different. It said the first 963 listeners in line @7pm would get a free 2 hour playcard for SpeedZone! Believe it or not, I forgot about it. My mom came over to see our new car... Braylon went with her to spend the day and stay overnight with her... A little later, we found out Kailyn wasn't coming... That should have put me in motion to be very productive - but, we had planned to read books and play games, so I read/napped while the boys watched a movie. When they woke me up, I wasn't ready to get up, but did - and remembered the text! I called in to make sure the kids were included in the give-a-way, and they were! So, we went to our ChiroSpa appointment and headed over to SpeedZone, prepared to stand in a long line - but, there was NO LINE! We sat in the comfort of the air-conditioned car under a shade tree to wait. At about 6:30, we decided to mosy on in. We stopped to fill out a voucher to win a 4-wheeler and the lady behind the counter asked Brenton about his "We're Tight" t-shirt - knowing it meant with Jesus. She told us Jesus had healed her leg. I nudged Brenton and told him to tell her what He did for him. She had all kinds of questions - some of which he answered, but we have some work to do, practicing him up to be able to tell his testimony! We had a pretty interesting conversation and she thought Jesus was really cool - which was an encouragement for Brenton I believe. She told him that Jesus doesn't do anything 'half-ass' so he was completely healed forever! Amen, sister. : ) It did kind of take us by surprise how she said it...but, it's true. Now, Buddha being in Heaven with Jesus, I'm not quite so sure about...lol. That caught me off guard too and I had to come up with something quick, since she was pretty sure it was possible and was waiting on my reply...and I said, "Well, if he believes in Jesus, then maybe so." Whew... Smile and wave boys!! So, now we are praying for our aquaintance who wants to become a Buddhist monk and for this other precious aquaintance we made to not be misled - for both of them to come to really KNOW JESUS! He is jealous for them. ; )
Found out both of those things today...at places we went...one, I had no idea until we were gone and Brenton told me - but the back of my shirt had been a good witness. The other, faced with what to say? No judgment - no theology - only a friendly smile - Jesus is cool - and now, we pray! Divine appointments - definitely.
Found out both of those things today...at places we went...one, I had no idea until we were gone and Brenton told me - but the back of my shirt had been a good witness. The other, faced with what to say? No judgment - no theology - only a friendly smile - Jesus is cool - and now, we pray! Divine appointments - definitely.
As soon as we walked outside to find the KSCS line, we heard and saw dragsters ripping down the track. Right then, I knew I HAD to do that! We found the very short line and after waiting for only a few minutes, we got our free playcards and headed over to ride go-karts. We rode two tracks, and then moved on to the dragsters. The line was short, but moved very slowly and Bradley almost ducked out to go play games. He changed his mind when Brenton didn't want to go with him - but, even if both of them had ducked out, I was prepared to stay in line! As we moved closer, Brenton asked me how nervous I was on a scale of 1-10. I was 0 - no fear whatsoever - I just wanted to race and win!! He could not believe I was at 0 and said his stomach was in knots - he was at a 7 and Bradley was at a 5. Finally, we got our turn! It was so awesome to put the pedal all the way to the metal - and fly down the track! I didn't win, but placed 4th, 2nd, & 2nd on our three runs. It was awesome and I really hope I get to do it again sometime!! I think I might have drag racing in my blood. Need for speed! No kidding...I can't even explain - but is was SO COOL!
We left pretty exhausted - though very pumped up and all probably at a 10 on the excitement scale. Well, I might have been at 12...lol. We finished off our night of fun with some yummy, refreshing, snow cones.
If you read this far, please click a reaction. Thanks!
No comments:
Post a Comment