Last Sunday, I woke up with a stiff lower back - pretty normal since my wreck. Bradley's was hurting too. I told him to participate during worship, as many times healings manifest during worship time. Well, after worship, my pain was fairly excruciating. When our pastor started talking, I chose to sit - which made me cringe. I kept my arm behind me to keep pressure on my back. It hurt. I actually wished he would have a call for healing. Next thing I knew...he did. I got up out of my seat and headed to the front immediately!
Several people prayed for me. One lady praying asked me if there was anything specific she could pray for, and I told her that the pain in my lower back was being stubborn and not letting up. We kept praying. Let me just pause to say that I am not one who likes to be in the front - so, usually I don't say too much - but this pain was bad and needed to go! I didn't want to give in until it was completely gone. Our pastor passed by and put his hand on my head and prayed for JOY. The presence of God was strong. The lady told me to start praising for my healing - and it was great timing, as the pain was GONE! I'm used to praising in faith - but let me tell you, it was PURE JOY to PRAISE with no pain! Another person came right to us and prayed for more joy - what a blessing - what a joy - what a day to remember.
Monday, it was pretty early when reality knocked and threatened to steal the joy. The Lord was quick to remind me not to let anything steal my joy - and that it was the joy that had chased the pain away. So, I sang a lot that day - determined to stay joyful. It didn't stop there...life has so many stressors - but, the joy of the Lord is our strength - to get through the stress successfully and joyfully...haha!!
Flashing back to Saturday, I bought a book and started reading it. It's one that hits close to home and it was bringing some things to the surface of my memory. Sunday before church, I saw a post on facebook about anointing for healing. I replied to it with my request...and then another one. I felt a giddiness in my spirit almost immediately, knowing that God was about to do something! He did.
The really cool thing is that today, light shone into a very dark area that has been causing a lot of stress and tension in a relationship. What has looked to be impossible all of a sudden looks promising. The voice of truth says 'This is for My glory' and the other voices say 'it's too good to be true'. The voice of truth says, 'you are truly blessed and highly favored'. I am moving forward with boldness and confidence - believing that all things are possible with God and to those who believe. I am giddy with anticipation and excitement to have an awesome testimony to share very soon!
Ah, JESUS!
And this is only the beginning........He's got so much more in store!
No comments:
Post a Comment