Saturday, October 1, 2011

Basking in Peace/Blessed to be Mom

It is always very touching when you can actually see God's hand at work.  Sometimes a question asked sincerely and from the heart - from someone who really wants an honest answer is a blessing.  Tonight, my son Brandon asked me how things were - aside from the obvious.  I answered him honestly.  He listened intently and did not  judge me.  Then, he prayed for me - letting me go after letting me know that he was meeting with a friend and they would be praying for me as well.  I was so thankful and completely humbled.  God's timing is impeccable.  He knew  what was coming tonight and how much I would be needing those prayers.  As I am basking in His peace, I am fully aware that prayers have been answered.  It is absolutely amazing to know 'me' and how devastated I could be - yet, I can only feel peace.  His love, grace, mercy, and faithfulness never fail.  For that I am thankful.  I'm banking on it as I continue to trust Him for so much.  Restoration.  One word from God is enough - for every situation it is needed in.  I thank Him for the wonderful hour spent talking with Brian yesterday - and I pray that his mind will be renewed with the truth, love, and grace that I spoke into him.

Recently, Brittany brought the girls over for a visit - just to hang out because she wanted to - and Abigail wouldn't quit bugging her to go see her Nana!  It was nice.  While they were here, she asked me a question.  When I answered her, she was a little concerned.  She thought I had been so sure...  What if I hadn't missed it then and I was missing it now?  Valid questions.  Brenton asked me a question relating to the same thing.  I answered with a different question.  He answered mine with 'TRUST'.  Good boy.  He's been taught well.  I took both of their concerns to heart.  I am blessed to have children who know me and care.  I am so blessed to be their mom.  It is amazing the depth of love I have for them - and it is awesome to know that God's love for all of us is so much deeper and wider than even a mother's heart can fathom.

No comments:

Post a Comment