I called my Dad to ask him a question...and he wisely directed me to my heavenly Creator Dad with a verse from His Word. It was perfect and I was so thankful for sweet confirmation that what my spirit was sensing was right on with the truth. So simple...so cool. When I went to look up the verse, I looked it up in several different translations and in context, finding quite a difference in my perception of the meaning with the wide variance of words used. Here is two and two put together:
Celebrate God all day, every day. I mean, revel in him! Make it as clear as you can to all you meet that you're on their side, working with them and not against them. Help them see that the Master is about to arrive. He could show up any minute! Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.
That is Philippians 4:4-7 ... 4 verses - 2 in one version (MSG 4-5) and 2 in another (NLT 6-7)...and they meet together perfectly. Sometimes there isn't much difference between versions/translations - and sometimes there is a GREAT difference. ?!?!?!
As I've been reading through them, so many things are firing in my brain. I want to write! And I will...soon. I am so exhausted - and 5am is looming below the horizon...lol...because the sun won't even be up yet when I get up that early on a Saturday morning! What WAS I thinking?! That's okay; it's all good. : )
No comments:
Post a Comment