Sunday, October 16, 2011

Just a Minute...

...that's all I have to write.  But, I don't want to forget.  The last few days have been such a whirlwind.  From the excitement on Wednesday night about God's goodness - to a call on Thursday morning that Darrell and Braylon had broadsided a car that pulled out in front of them - to my favorite prayer group - to my release appointment at ChiroSpa - to shop for my 2 craft classes at co-op (and plan while I shopped...) - back home for dinner and a late night of preparations - to Friday school - to pick up Braylon (who missed out to go to ChiroSpa for an adjustment and therapy) - back home for a late lunch and to start a load of laundry - to the store to make sure there was food in the house for the boys while I went to a conference - back home to get ready and go to the conference for an AWESOME and AMAZING time of worship and teaching - to take a friend home and sit and talk for an hour with a momma going through something I've been through - back home to sleep (thankful that everyone else was asleep - rare peace and quiet!!) - to get up early on Saturday for more worship, teaching, and ministry - back home to get ready for Generation Church's launch service; leaving a little early to get back to the River with the family for the evening session (delighted that though we were an hour late, they were still worshipping!) - to Gary & Linda's to visit with family, eat good food, and see the Ranger's win their ticket to the World Series - back home to dye Brenton's hair again for a more manly color of purple - to sleep - to wake up perturbed but thankful that Darrell didn't let me oversleep too much - to church this morning - to Wendy's so we didn't starve - to make an hour drive to observe a Native American Honor Ceremony with a great meal to follow - back home to rest and write this while we prepare for tomorrow; another full day with several tests scheduled at Children's and Brenton's 1st ACE (After Cancer Experience) appointment.

That was THE LONGEST run-on sentence I have ever written!  

I am thankful that I do not feel the least bit of anxiety over tomorrow.  God's peace is everlasting and it was a gift He gave me when Brenton was diagnosed with stage IV cancer.  God's Word says, "I (Brenton) will not die, but will LIVE and declare the works of the LORD" and I believed it without a doubt for him. There were things that tempted me to fear (like chemo and blood transfusions), but not death from cancer.  

This weekend, that verse came alive to me in a new light.  I (Michele) will LIVE and declare the works of the LORD.  I truly am blessed and favored and it has nothing to do with anything except that I am a child of God.  He is my father and I am His daughter.  I will cherish it and not feel guilty about it.  I am royalty - I have destiny - I will change the world.  I understand things today that have confused me in the past.  I will not perish for lack of knowledge - I know some things and am continually learning.  I know how to receive and appropriate.  I'm so thankful for transparent testimony this weekend that blessed me and grateful for new revelation and confirmation.  I know how to listen and hear God's voice.  I will walk with Him and......................

My half hour 'minute' is up.

No comments:

Post a Comment