I rarely check the mail myself. Today, Darrell had already checked (probably more than once) to find nothing. Right before we left to go to church, I felt the urge to go check it myself, so I did. Walking out to the mailbox, I felt silly and was hoping Darrell didn't walk out and see me and ask what I was doing. He had just told me that there was no mail. When I opened the box and looked in, I was kind of surprised to see a stack. As I was walking back to the house, I flipped through the envelopes and was surprised again to see a card addressed to me! Bradley had followed me out and was a little bummed it wasn't for him, as he has been expecting birthday mail. I opened up the card - thinking how sweet it was of my friend to send me mail, when much to my surprise, a check fell out. When I saw the amount, I couldn't believe it. I believe that God is always faithful to answer prayers - but, every now and then, He just totally wows me! This was one of those times. I didn't understand - so I read the card. There is a certain amount that I've been praying about for an upcoming conference that I want to attend. There was a note specifically addressing that amount - and if had been taken care of, the money was to spend on me. If that was all, it would have been enough. But, there was more! My mind raced trying to figure it all out and then suddenly, I knew. There is something else very close to my heart that I have been praying about. All I can do is thank Him! And of course, my friend - who stated that it was from God of her. I'm VERY thankful that she is blessed to be a blessing...and I am too!! Thank You God for blessing her - to bless me - to be a blessing to many others!
It was the LAST day to register for the conference. Earlier in the day, as I spent money on jeans for the boys (which they REALLY needed) I had to resist the temptation to feel guilty about other things that might should have waited - or worse, things that shouldn't wait so I could figure a way to go. When the thoughts came, I just gave them to God and went on - thankful for His provision. And, oh my goodness - did He ever come through?! It was with great JOY that I walked up to the registration table to write a check for the full amount of the conference - and share with them what God had done for me today. : )
While I'm writing, let me just remind myself how goofy it is to be deceived when I see absolutely NOTHING with my eyes or to feel totally let down because by all appearances absolutely NOTHING is happening according to plan or prayer. GOD is BIG and HE has a BETTER PLAN! HE works ALL things together for the GOOD of those who LOVE HIM and are CALLED according to HIS PURPOSE! HIS timing is impeccable - and HE is FAITHFUL to FINISH that which HE has started - in EVERYONE!!
And one last thing. I am SO THANKFUL that Blogger autosaves these posts or this one would have been lost when I accidentally closed the browser..........!
And one last thing. I am SO THANKFUL that Blogger autosaves these posts or this one would have been lost when I accidentally closed the browser..........!
No comments:
Post a Comment