Friday, February 24, 2012

Invitation & RSVP

Daughter,

Come up here, close, in My lap to feel My heartbeat and hear My whisper. I want to see your face. I want to hear you whisper, "Daddy". I want to remind you 'Who I Am'.

Yes Daddy, I will climb up in Your lap and let You love me. I know You are faithful. I will trust You to make good on Your promises.

Oh, my goodness............well, His goodness!! Occasionally, I close my eyes and actually see. Tonight was one of those special times. As I closed my eyes and listened, I clearly heard 'Daughter' - I saw His lap as I climbed up. For the first time ever, I felt comfortable with God as 'Daddy'. I've tried to be okay with it before, but it just didn't feel right. He's always been my Heavenly Father, but tonight was personal and special. 

***

Overwhelmed

You have carried me this far
And I know all my days
I will rise and soar
And all I want to say
You're my miracle
Now and always
You father me
Your loving kindness overwhelms
You carry me
Your love's pursuing and overwhelms me
You have captivated me
And I have heard Your song
Singing over me
You have saturated me
Grace and mercy falls
That's Your way with me
You've considered me Your friend
Intimacy calls
There won't be an end
And all I want to say
You're my miracle
Now and always
~Roland Worton/Overwhelmed/Sojourn Worship 2005

No comments:

Post a Comment