Monday, February 27, 2012

Precious Moments

My granny has been in the hospital...  Last Monday, she went in for a heart catheter procedure and received a good report - no blockages and only mild disease, normal for her age. Tuesday morning, she had a medium stroke. She ended up in ICU for a few very rough days. She is doing much better now - but has quite a lot of recovering to do. I fully believe that she will recover completely and be able to return to volunteering and doing things she enjoys soon. By Jesus' stripes, she is healed.

A memorable moment was when my mom and brother were getting ready to leave the hospital for the night, my brother wanted to pray for Granny first. After a minute or two of waiting, I asked if he was going to pray. He said yes and firmly put his hand on my shoulder and said, 'You zap her!" I looked at him and smiled and then put my hand on my Granny's shoulder. My brother started praying and my mom stopped him and asked if he would pray louder and without mumbling so we could understand him clearly. He smiled and said, "No" and continued on with his prayer. That is just like him!

Granny was sleepy and the room was quiet. I brought cd's of healing scriptures and calm worship music and kept them playing for her through the night. I knew they would be good for her, but wasn't sure how she would feel about them. Much to my relief, she seemed to enjoy them. 

About 2am, I heard, "MICHELE!" I answered, "YES!" She said, "Where Are Ya?" I said, "I'm right here, beside you!" All the while, I was fumbling to get out of the chair that didn't recline and get over to her! She needed a hot pack for pain in her elbow. I called the nurse and asked for one (knowing they were out and it might not come since we'd been asking for hours!). After she drifted back off to sleep, I gently touched her elbow and asked God to touch it with HIS HEAT and HEAL it! 

Early this morning, I was sitting beside her on her hospital bed. She had been sitting up for a while, and started to lean over. I started reaching to catch her and asked her where she was going. She said, "I'm leaning over to lean on you." As she leaned into my shoulder, I put my arm around her and hugged her tight. She said, "That feels good." I said, "I'm going to pray for you while we're sitting here." I thanked God for healing her and spoke shalom peace over her from the top of her head to the soles of her feet. I asked Him to infuse her with joy and thanked Him for giving her strength. I thanked Him that she was free from guilt, shame, and condemnation and that His perfect love casts out all fear. I thanked Him for her wonderful friends, her pretty flowers, for family that loves her, and for all of His blessings in the name of Jesus. Those moments with my granny held close in my arms were by far the most precious moments I've ever had with her. My heart was so full and I am so thankful.

Other memorable moments were when she asked me if I had color in my hair...lol...and I told her 'no, but it has gray.' She thought it was pretty. She also liked my 'Faith' shirt. What a sweetheart she was this morning. She smiled sweetly several times - and her nurse was so happy to witness her happiness.

I keep thinking about my brother's comment, "You zap her!" It was such a surprise to hear coming from my brother and it is one of those things I'll be smiling about forever. It's totally something my River pastors would say...haha!!

One last precious moment...and this one was a 'Kodak' moment! My mom sent us a picture text the other night of Granny her nephew who had come to visit her; smiling SO BIG at each other. What JOY!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment