Sunday, January 9, 2011

Braylon's Birthday Prayer

Braylon turned 9 on January 8th.  We went to bed with a chance of snow.  He prayed for it and God answered. Beautiful fluffy snow fell today!

We took the girls and went to church in the cold rain.  As we sloshed through the parking lot with 3 boys, 2 babes, and a broken umbrella, it became very evident to me that we should have stayed home and read the bible in front of the fire.  By the time church was over, the rain had turned to snow and the drive home was gorgeous - for that, I was glad we were out in it.  The snowflakes were HUGE and driving made it seem like even more were falling.

We had cake and Braylon opened presents today.  He wanted a purple tiered cake - and he got it.  My first attempt at tiers and decorating.  Maybe one day I'll get some pictures posted...

The boys played outside a lot through the day, but saved the back yard for a snowball fight with Andrew & Brittany - remembering how fun it was last year.  Brandon was exhausted from a long day on the road, but couldn't resist joining in on the fun.  I went out to take a couple of group pics, but stayed inside (and didn't mind) to watch Alivia.  The boys saved the front yard for pictures - and to build a snowman...

Since I'm backdating, I'll jump to the 10th and say that after all of the students went to school on delay, we went out and had some home-school fun!  

No comments:

Post a Comment