Saturday, January 22, 2011

Full Day

This morning started out with a women's breakfast meeting with Pastor Carol at the River.  Brittany was able to go with me and we both enjoyed breakfast.  It was the first time that Alivia had ever been in a nursery, and she wasn't all that thrilled about it.  They had to come get Brittany (thankfully after breakfast) and she was able to calm Alivia down.  She finished out okay - as long as the workers held her facing outwards.  Abigail was able to stay in with her, so that was helpful.

This afternoon, the boys and I, along with Brittany and her girls, went to a surprise birthday party for Tarry Hartwell.  It was a lot of fun and we got to see friends we hadn't seen in a long time.  Good food and good fellowship!!  Abigail is a little stinker.  When she was playing at the table with some little boys and their toys, she kept irritating them, typical Abigail - she likes to do that to her uncles too.  But, later, when a little girl played with her, she was the sweetest little angel.  Hmmm?!

When we got home, I was pretty tired - and full from two meals that I hadn't had to cook.  I felt so blessed and was about to post on fb about it - adding that I wasn't going to cook dinner - but then, the tinge of guilt came for not cooking for Darrell, and I decided not to post.  A few minutes later, my phone rang...  Bobbie and Joe wanted to know if it was okay to bring leftovers from the party.  Why of course!!  They brought a HUGE pan of BBQ, baked beans, green beans, and a caramel apple dessert.  Food for Darrell - and plenty to feed the rest of our crew - with 2 gallon bags going to the freezer.  It was such a blessing.  We were so thankful...and Tarry wasn't the only one surprised today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment