Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Israel

Months ago, my pastor mentioned a trip to Israel, in March of 2011.  It suddenly occurred to me that a trip to Israel would be a wonder-full treat for my 40th birthday!

Darrell saw how excited I was and agreed it was a good idea.  I talked to the boys and asked if they would help me raise some money and bless their hearts, they tried, but didn't have much success in our neighborhood.  We have a little over $20 in an envelope.  When I got a call to remind me of the first deposit due, I said okay sweetly and hung up the phone knowing that we didn't have it.  Darrell reassured me with a text saying, "You ARE going to Israel."  That was encouraging - however, recently, feeling stressed about our financial situation, I pretty much gave up on the idea.  

Last Sunday, my daughter asked me for the e-mail addresses of everyone in our family so she could send out an e-mail asking our family to help her 'throw me across the ocean' instead of her throwing an 'over-the-hill' party.  Sweet girl.  She's not letting the dream die.

Today, I got a call from Scott Phillips (former worship pastor) who happens to live in Israel.  Whoa!  God, what are You up to?  I tried to quiet my mind and contain my excitement as I listened.  Tears came to my eyes as I found out that our church was not doing the tour in March.  Brittany had wanted me to call and find out some info, but I hadn't done it yet...  The youth pastor had given him my number and he was asking for my e-mail address - to send me information on a tour in May that he and his wife are hosting.  I don't think God is letting the dream die either.

I'm excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment