Saturday evening, Darrell, the boys, and I went to the Worldview Weekend Rally. It was a really good conference. The boys were EXCELLENT for the four hours we were there. I was so proud of them!!! Some information was confirmation of things we had already learned, but there was a LOT of new information that we hadn't heard before. All of it was very interesting. Understanding is of vital importance these days! *** During a break between speakers, several product presentations were made, including one for Logos Bible Software. A few of the products grabbed my interest, but none like the Logos presentation. It would take homeschool to a whole new level, and studying the Bible would be so much easier and exciting with so many features at our fingertips! For the conference only, there were special discounts - and monthly payment plans! Long story short, we got the software package best suited for homeschooling and bible study planning... Trusting, trusting, with a peace that God will provide. : ) Came home and tried one more time to fix the glitch in the computer that had been preventing us from upgrading to a current internet explorer and limiting what we could do on the computer for a long time. Would you believe, it's fixed?! Praising the Lord - and knowing this computer has purpose - as do we!!!!!
Sunday, a friend of Darrell's happened to be at our church. He came to greet Darrell and ask why he hadn't been at their weekly breakfast meeting. Darrell explained that his van was broken down and he was without transportation for the most part. It just so happened that his friend had a car sitting in front of his house that needed to be driven. So, Darrell now has transportation! I had put a request in the Friday School Prayer Request Box for our finances, job, and transportation for Darrell. My friend Michal came to give me a hug and let me know she had prayed over the request. QUICK answer on transportation!! Thank You God.
Monday, I was praying and thinking of creative ways that I could help Darrell with income. The best idea I had was to bake cut out cookies and ice them for St. Patrick's Day and sell them - until Brittany mentioned that Jennifer was looking for someone to watch Kailyn to cut down on daycare costs. I told her to have her call me. The amount that I had in mind was the amount she offered to pay when she called. So, I made sure it was okay with Darrell - who was resistant that he needed any help...but said it would be okay. So, now I can cover my car payment and Logos monthly. Hallelujah! Jennifer's prayers were also answered, as she will be saving quite a bit of money and Kailyn will now be learning and having fun with us.
No comments:
Post a Comment