Monday, February 7, 2011

Catching Up

First, I have to say, "I am SO excited to have gotten a couple of comments!!"

I added a few more songs to the mix - ones that have been encouraging to me lately...  I also added some of the books I'm currently reading - though I didn't list all of them because I pick them up and lay them down as the Lord leads.  Gone are the days of reading from front cover to back cover before starting another.  Yes, I was taught to finish what I start - and it's a good practice, but if I followed all of the rules, I wouldn't be me.  Hehe!!  I've loved to read ever since I can remember; the sad thing is there just doesn't seem to be enough time for me to read as much as I would like to - and sometimes, when I get the time, I end up falling asleep instead.  Anyway, bible/book studies are part of the reason I'm in a few right now.  They are all good.

Today was rough.  We still had some school last week - even with all of the ice and snow - although we did not do a full load.  So, there was a bit of resistance today.  I failed early, caught myself early, prayed and asked God to forgive me and started over early.  Not long after all of that, I had a piercing pain in my head.  It was relentless, even with prayer from myself and commanding oppression to go - as well as asking Braylon to lay hands on my head and pray.  Repentance crossed my mind, so I did that too.  Pain left.  When it tried to come back a little later - I told the devil to get behind me and stay out, off, and away from me - and to take his lying symptoms with him; reminding him he had no power over me.  Thankfully, after resisting and standing firm, the pain left and didn't come back.  God's Word in action - works!  And I am very thankful.

Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.  James 4:7

The day didn't get much easier, and there were way too many irritants to list - but at least the worst attack was overcome - and we were successful all in all.  And then...da.dum.da.dum...I was done cooking, about to serve dinner, when I remembered Darrell and I were supposed to be at a meeting - in 20 minutes - and it would take at least 30 to get there!  Ahhhh!!  I ran down the hall, reminded Darrell (who said 'that stinks' - and I agreed), served dinner to him and the boys (having quickly decided that we were making that meeting), got ready in 10 minutes while they ate, turned down the offer for a plate for me, and left starving - and very impatient - until, on the highway in the middle of traffic, the car in front of me moved over (to which I thanked it) and revealed a "JESUS is the ANSWER" bumper sticker on the truck now in front of me.  Immediately, I felt more at peace and stayed behind that truck for as long as I could.    

The meeting was great.  I'm so glad we went - and the WE was important!  I'm so glad that Darrell went with me.  I think he received some confirmation of some things.  A homeschool father, one of the founding fathers of modern day homeschool, was the speaker.  It was encouraging to hear that though there should be a long-term goal; in their family's 24 years of home schooling, many days seemed more like a short term project of survival.  Thank God I'm not the only one!  I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that God called me to homeschool the boys - no question - yet, there is hardly a day that goes by that I don't question my willingness to continue on in obedience to His call.  Talk about crucifying your flesh, taking up your cross, and following Him.  It's almost as hard as...the love walk.  We've all been called to love...and not just when it's easy either.  Good thing the love of God has been shed abroad in our hearts, because mere human love doesn't always cut it - that's for sure!  We love because He first loved us.

"Love makes things possible...not easy."  (That's actually supposed to be faith, but it's true for love too!) 

We saw a friend unexpectedly at the meeting.  It was nice to able to say that our family is good - and totally admit that it had been a terrible day.  We all have them.  

So glad we made it tonight - for so many reasons - and now...I have to go, because one of the reasons is a new (well, not so new) CB site to look at...and it's getting late. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Michelle,
It was so good to see you and Darrell last night. I can't encourage you enough to read "Age of Opportunity" by Paul David Tripp.
It will really help bring clarity to why you are homeschooling, that it is indeed a calling.

Your blog is great! Keep up the good work.
Nathan

Post a Comment