Saturday, February 12, 2011

Celebration and Tears

Tonight, we went to the Hoffman's home to celebrate what the Lord has done in Steve Sallee.  He is the HEALED of the LORD - from lymphoma - and we were so blessed to be able to take part in the celebration!  God is great and greatly to be praised!!  Stephenee did a beautiful job of sharing the testimony of their family's journey.  Tears fell as she explained how hard it was to remain positive in the midst of trial and tribulation.  Memories...  It is hard, but it is possible - and the choice is ours.

This morning was the last day of some very special ladies' meetings as I have known them for 2 years.  As we were given the opportunity to share how our leader had touched our lives, nervousness and anxiety kicked in.  I started tearing up just thinking about what I was going to say.  I couldn't have spoken without breaking down, due to the weight it holds in my heart - so, until I write my letter, it will have to go unsaid...  Thankfully, there were a lot of women there and I wasn't put on the spot.  Afterwards, we had lunch out, and a friend blessed and treated me - unexpectedly.  : )

Then, home again, I got an e-mail from Brian - who is so far away from home - and in a stinky situation.  It was exciting to hear from him, but sad too - as he is not very happy right now.  Later, I was able to call him and we were all able to hear his voice and that was a blessing - mutual, I am sure.

Had a conversation with Darrell that brought some more tears.  Sometimes, there is just no way to avoid disruption in your comfort zone.  After talking some things over, we came to the conclusion that we would ride the waves for a little while...content to pray and wait.  It is not easy being in uncharted waters - although, it is a bit adventurous.

I am encouraged that Darrell has started praying with me every morning before he leaves for work - this is fruit from our meaningful conversation on Tuesday night - and I have been waiting to see it for years!  Prayer started the next morning.  He only read to us the one night - so that is kind of sad - but, our schedule has not really allowed for it - so, hopefully we can experience that again - and more often.  It was nice.

Last but not least...the night ended with happy tears...and a few of embarrassement too.  Braylon got me by insisting on telling on me for a McDonald's incident that I wish they would forget!  I'll spare you the details.  The best laugh came from the 'Pineapple Express' story - which none of us can tell without laughing.  It was hilarious when it happened and it will be hilarious forever!!  It makes me laugh until I cry - everytime.  I've written it before - so, I'll have to find it one day and post it here.  I am way too tired to write it all over again!

Suspense...lol


No comments:

Post a Comment