I think it's the title of a movie or a book, but I've never seen it or read it. It's just that something happened recently and those are the two words that came to mind as I thought it over. Forewarning: Nothing I write here is meant to offend or hurt anybody's feelings.
Starting with the story... I was at a place, taking care of some business. During the process, I realized that I was face to face with a person I would normally have been afraid to be near. The person was very kind - I would have never guessed about them what it was that normally would have triggered fear in me - except for the pride in which they exhibited their membership and level in an occult group - and fear, only for having been educated on what it was all about. I continued on peacefully with no feelings of fear or nervousness evident. At the end, we stood and I extended my hand for a friendly handshake and 'nice to meet you'. Knowing who the person was affiliated with, this gesture was completely out of character for me - as I do not like to be near evil and definitely don't want to come into physical contact. When I left, I prayed, blessing this person and their sweet family (saw a desk pic) and praying for their salvation.
That evening, I sat down on the couch to read. All of a sudden, I could not stay awake for anything. After trying for a while to no avail, I closed the book, laying down on the couch. To finish painting the picture, I didn't even have enough energy to get up and go use the restroom. It was sudden and very odd. I had things to do and it was still early - too early for me to be passed out...but, I couldn't help it. The kids asked if I was sleeping there and I affirmed. My son called - I did my best to stay awake and converse. Darrell came home and asked if I had a headache - nope, just super tired...but at least I woke up enough at that point to get to the restroom! My dreams that night were full of prayer and spiritual warfare. I don't dream all that often - and when I do, I usually forget. But, not this time. When I woke up the next morning, I prayed what I had prayed in my dreams - taking authority as well - thankful to be able... In some of the dreams, I couldn't move or speak - was aware, but could only think - these accompanied with the occult person and some mumbo-jumbo they had spoken over me. I mentioned the dreams to my daughter, who told me they sounded like panic attacks. I explained to her that there had been no fear - just peace and patience. She told me she hadn't been able to stay awake the previous night and had several panic attacks in her dreams. Well, that was just too ironic. I told her about my sudden sleep attack as well - and decided that we were praying about this!! So, we did. Some of the business I had been taking care of had involved her name as well as mine. Weird. It's no mystery - it was definitely a spiritual issue - and most likely directly linked to the occult I had come into contact with the previous day.
I had been so proud of myself for not being afraid - for blessing an enemy - and praying for them. Like I had done something good...not! I did nothing. It was Jesus in me who had no fear - who blessed an enemy - and who interceded for their salvation. I wouldn't have even talked to the person had I known beforehand who they were and had any other choice. When I realized all of this, I repented and gave God all the glory. Pride is dangerous - and so deceptive.
As for prejudice, I wouldn't have been in the situation I was in, had I known beforehand and had a choice. Why? In this particular situation, first, it would have been because of fear. And second, because I usually take a firm stand against evil. I don't like it and I don't budge much. I am very adamant about it in my family and personal life. The thing is that with the occult, though it is overtly evil, there are people involved. People who God loves - even while they are held captive by sin. It is easy for me to distance myself though. I'm not comfortable with evil and personally think it would be stupid to have anything to do with it. From what I've personally seen and/or heard from others, even when a person is ready to be free, there is a lot of resistance. Do I think that this particular person is ready to be free? No - they seem to be very proud of their position. Does God want them to be free? Yes. I fully believe that He took my fear, and gave me the unction to pray for them. Will I continue? Yes - as often as He reminds me.
Moving on to another scenario... There is a lot of pride and prejudice in our world today. After 9-11, our American pride was evident everywhere. We displayed our colors proudly and openly supported our great nation. Pride seemed to be a good thing. But, who did we exalt? God - or a nation that wasn't even built on the foundation we've been taught. Today, and this isn't meant to be offensive, but today, our nation does not seem so great. I've learned things in the past few years that have blown me away. Things are not as they have appeared to be - at all. I'm still patriotic and I still love my country. I'm just aware that most of what I thought is naught. Anyway, as for prejudice...it reared it's ugly head too. Many Americans were not so comfortable with Muslim people in the USA. Not just because they were different, but we had just been attacked by them. But wait! They aren't all extremists - only some of them. Okay, that makes sense. There are some pretty extreme Americans too - and Christians for that matter - and, for heaven's sake... In every group, it seems that there are those who do their best to ruin the reputation of the rest. So going forward, in the name of political correctness, we put tolerance into action and allowed things to happen that should never have happened. So I thought...but, that's not true. Click here for some interesting facts: Islam in the US.
The market up the street used to have a 1/2 hour photo lab. I went frequently and made several friends...one of which was a Muslim lady. It got to the point that even if I wasn't there for pictures, I would stop by just to chat for a few minutes while in the store. This went on for months and never one time did I try to witness to her - I was just friendly. I thought about it, but didn't really know how - only that LOVE was the only way to win a Muslim over... One day, as I was walking down the main aisle, I saw her coming towards me, and I smiled. She glared. It hurt my feelings and for the life of me, I couldn't figure out what the problem could have been. Later, when I realized what shirt I was wearing, my heart sank. It was a lion with piercing eyes, with 'JESUS' written across the top, and 'The Lion of the Tribe of Judah' written across the bottom. Oops. It was never the same again and it made me sad, and probably confirmed negative things I had heard about the Muslim faith. To follow up, the 1/2 hour lab shut down and I didn't see her for quite a long time. One day, I ran into her in our city and she recognized me first. I was excited to see her again and very relieved that she seemed to be as well and seemed to have forgotten the friction. I really did enjoy our friendly little chats.
I am also friends with a gentleman who was raised Muslim, married a Baptist girl, and tried to prove the Bible wrong. In the process - and through the love (patient and kind) shown by his wife and the Christian friend who agreed to go through the Bible with him - he converted to Christianity. That's how I knew the only way to win a Muslim over was through love... I've heard since that to try and witness God's Word to a Muslim is not effective. I've received a challenge (corporately, not personally) to read the Qur'an. I balked. Why would I expose myself to evil? Since then, I've learned more - and why it might be important to know and understand what they believe. You see, Islam is not merely a religion, but a way of life - and they are taught that anyone who does not worship Allah is an infidel - and for those...the penalty is death. Yikes! They take it very seriously. We, the people of the USA, have been duped and lied to - by some people who probably had no clue - and by others who most certainly knew. Click here Not sure about the source of that - but, from what I've learned, the info is correct and it is presented nicely.
To sum this up, if you clicked the links and realize that all is not as it has always seemed to be...pride kind of goes down and prejudice is hard to resist. But, God. You see, His love has been shed abroad in our hearts (believers) by the Holy Spirit. So, when everything in your mind resists loving an enemy, He makes it possible. It was His love for us first...just like it is for them. It makes me angry to hear that a Muslim who converted to Christianity 8 years ago is about to die - after being taken away from his family, a wife and 6 children - to be jailed and tortured because he renounced Allah. No matter if he had converted to Christianity, Hinduism, Buddhism, or Atheism - the sentence would be the same. Not right. God gave us free will. It is our right to choose who we will serve. The best choice of course, is God Almighty, Creator of Heaven and Earth!
**Tens of thousands of Christians wrote to Secretary Clinton, asking her to press for Said Musa's freedom. This week, an official from the U.S. Embassy in Kabul has confirmed that Said Musa was released and safely out of the country to reunite with his family. PRAISE the LORD!
Why would so many be deceived by a middle aged false prophet who heard from an angel of light (satan) and wrote a holy book that in no way comes close to being holy? Why have so many of us been deceived by lies that have lead us to believe that this is a peaceful religion? Why would a supposedly Christian nation have allowed temples to be built to worship a false god? There is a purpose and a goal - and it is to put their laws into place worldwide. Demographics have changed. It makes a difference. It sure seems that various cult religions have much more passion and purpose to spread their lies than many Christians have to spread the truth.
**Tens of thousands of Christians wrote to Secretary Clinton, asking her to press for Said Musa's freedom. This week, an official from the U.S. Embassy in Kabul has confirmed that Said Musa was released and safely out of the country to reunite with his family. PRAISE the LORD!
Why would so many be deceived by a middle aged false prophet who heard from an angel of light (satan) and wrote a holy book that in no way comes close to being holy? Why have so many of us been deceived by lies that have lead us to believe that this is a peaceful religion? Why would a supposedly Christian nation have allowed temples to be built to worship a false god? There is a purpose and a goal - and it is to put their laws into place worldwide. Demographics have changed. It makes a difference. It sure seems that various cult religions have much more passion and purpose to spread their lies than many Christians have to spread the truth.
I have some sweet friends who are answering the call of God on their lives, learning a foreign language and preparing to move to a foreign country to live and spread the good news of Jesus Christ in a Muslim land. Please say a prayer for the Sullivan family.
The same need exists in the United States of America. All believers have been called to spread the Gospel. Are we willing? If God is for us, who can be against us? God IS for us, and He will protect us. It is vitally important to have a personal relationship with Him and know how to hear His voice as well - because, He will lead us and guide us in what to say or do and when.
Heavenly Father, forgive us for pride and prejudice. Give us the boldness to step out, open our mouths, and spread the good news of Jesus Christ! Give us strength to endure what's coming. Help us to discern, stand firm, and not fall away. In Jesus' name, amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment