Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Answers

Some anyway... 

My question:  Why God, do You keep pointing things out to me?

His answer:  Because My child, you've been asking!

"God I Look to You"  (Bethel Live)

God I look to You
I won't be overwhelmed
Give me vision to see things like You do
God I look to You
You're where my help comes from
Give me wisdom, You know just what to do

I will love You Lord my strength
I will love you Lord my shield
I will love You Lord my rock
Forever all my days, I will love you God

Hallelujah our God reigns
Hallelujah our God reigns
Hallelujah our God reigns
Forever all my days Hallelujah


Oh, I thought, as I sang along at church tonight.  I have been singing it from my heart, I just didn't realize...  I wasn't thinking very far out of the box.  'Give me vision to see things like You do' is a broad request.

My question:  Do You realize what it does to me?  My answer:  I know You do.

His answer:  Look to Me and you won't be overwhelmed.

A subtle little reminder...lol  It is Him that I look to and He is where my help comes from.  Good explanation for the peace about waiting on Him for answers - even after a little tug of war about it in my mind.  He knows what to do - and soon, I will too.  I was also reminded tonight that we as believers already have the mind of Christ. 

A verse kept coming to mind...and when I looked it up, of course, I couldn't just list one verse:

Hear, O Israel [O Michele]: The LORD our God, the LORD is one. Love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. These commandments that I give you today are to be upon your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. Write them on the doorframes of your houses and on your gates. When the LORD your God brings you into the land he swore to your fathers, to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, to give you—a land with large, flourishing cities you did not build, houses filled with all kinds of good things you did not provide, wells you did not dig, and vineyards and olive groves you did not plant—then when you eat and are satisfied, be careful that you do not forget the LORD, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery. Fear the LORD your God, serve him only and take your oaths in his name. Do not follow other gods, the gods of the peoples around you; for the LORD your God, who is among you, is a jealous God...  Deuteronomy 6:4-15a

"How He Loves Us"  (John Mark McMillan)

He is jealous for me, Loves like a hurricane, I am a tree, bending beneath the weight of his wind and mercy. When all of a sudden, I am unaware of these afflictions eclipsed by glory, And I realize just how beautiful You are, And how great Your affections are for me.

And oh, how He loves us, oh
Oh how He loves us,
How He loves us all

He loves us,
Oh how He loves us,
Oh how He loves us,
Oh how He loves.

And we are His portion and He is our prize, Drawn to redemption by the grace in His eyes, If His grace is an ocean, we're all sinking. And heaven meets earth like an unforeseen kiss, And my heart turns violently inside of my chest, I don't have time to maintain these regrets, When I think about, the way…

That He loves us,
Oh how He loves us,
Oh how He loves us,
Oh how He loves.

That song always ministers to me...never fails - but, tonight it was really special.

I'm not sure that my current pastor likes to be quoted on things.  So, I'll just say that I really appreciate some of the things he says.  I think it's really important to hear certain things from our leaders - and from their place of authority.

At dinnertime tonight, Darrell called and said he wasn't going to make it to church.  I pretty much decided to give in to the boys requests and not go either.  BUT, I checked my texts and the children's pastor had sent one out about a special outdoor service for the kids.  So, we went - and not only that, but since we had an extra seat in the car, they got to take a friend.  That was neat for them - and him!!  And me, to think that I would have missed out on tonight...not cool.  I'm so thankful that we went.  God knew just what to do to get me there - and He knew how blessed I would be for going.

And, last but not least...  I (along with many others) addressed myself as "Self" publicly tonight.  Hahahahaha

Love that sense of humor ; )

No comments:

Post a Comment