Today, my great niece brought one of her favorite movies over and we all sat down to watch it. It's one that I've avoided seeing for quite some time and if we could have found the box of Kleenex, it would have been empty. So many things hit very close to home.
My momma's heart broke for another, my wishful heart longed for some things it has never really known, my healing heart felt a little sad with some memories, and my understanding heart broke for things that are so often misunderstood. I wanted to say, "It doesn't have to end that way!" The ending was tragic and sad in the movie, and in the real lives of the family it portrayed. As is true way too often, though this child touched MANY lives during his journey, a precious life ended much too early.
I kept thinking through the movie - with waterworks turned on - that if I could just keep my crying quiet, I would run to my bedroom and cry freely when it was over - though I might not have many tears left. However, to my surprise and delight, there were quite a few testimonies following the movie and they left me with a smiling heart.
The movie? "Letters to God"
It was hard for me to watch.
Our journey was much different - but in some respects, much the same.
There are some who disagree with the stand I took...some who admire it from a distance...and some who have taken the same stand. There are many, many...way too many, lives that have been lost - and my heart has broken over and over again as I've prayed with and for others. I've questioned. I still believe. The road I chose to walk was lonely at times - although I was never alone. I've been challenged. I've even had accusations hurled at me. They hurt. But, one thing is for sure! I am so very thankful that God is faithful and true to His Word, that we are healed by Jesus' stripes, and that I have my son. ALL GLORY to God.
Only believe,
Only believe,
All things are possible,
Only beLIeVE.
Learned that little ditty from Smith Wigglesworth. Sing it to the tune of "The Farmer in the Dell".
I'm reading "Heaven Is For Real" right now and it is pretty awesome. I was asked 3 or 4 times in a week if I had read it yet...the 4th person told me to take a copy and read it! I highly recommend it, and I'm not even finished with it yet. I've learned that you can not argue with a testimony - and especially not one from a child.
I do not believe it is God's will for anyone to be sick and die. There is a good probability that we will all die unless Jesus comes back for us first - but, that doesn't mean that we are destined to be sick or suffer. Jesus healed all who came to Him. Then, He bore stripes on His body and it is by those stripes that we are healed. He bore our sickness and pain that we could have peace and be whole. He died that we could live. He rose again! He is alive! The same Spirit that rose Jesus from the dead dwells inside of all who believe. What a blessed HOPE we have in JESUS!
I'm reading "Heaven Is For Real" right now and it is pretty awesome. I was asked 3 or 4 times in a week if I had read it yet...the 4th person told me to take a copy and read it! I highly recommend it, and I'm not even finished with it yet. I've learned that you can not argue with a testimony - and especially not one from a child.
I do not believe it is God's will for anyone to be sick and die. There is a good probability that we will all die unless Jesus comes back for us first - but, that doesn't mean that we are destined to be sick or suffer. Jesus healed all who came to Him. Then, He bore stripes on His body and it is by those stripes that we are healed. He bore our sickness and pain that we could have peace and be whole. He died that we could live. He rose again! He is alive! The same Spirit that rose Jesus from the dead dwells inside of all who believe. What a blessed HOPE we have in JESUS!
No comments:
Post a Comment