Monday, April 25, 2011

Breaking

Our rest was great!  The cookies were delicious!!  We had a great weekend, made several different visits, and spent time with some very special people.  During a break in all of those activities, something crossed my feed on fb and it sickened my spirit.  I chose to ignore it and check on it later.  Sometimes, I just don't want to know.  Selfishly, I didn't want anything to get in the way of our plans for fun.  Thankfully, the plans went forth, we all had fun - and God's plan was revealed clearly.  Holidays are becoming more and more unforgettable lately.  Important business for the Kingdom is making it's mark in lives and in my memory.  : )

Today, I got all of the 'have to' stuff done first, and then decided to check some things out.  I found two very informative sources of truth that were written simply and without judgment or condemnation.  In fact, I have a new blog idea.  *Smile*  God is dealing with my heart; it is evident that more change is coming, and that is not always an easy thing.

After a discussion and wave of emotion this evening, a song from long ago popped into my head.  I really had to resist the urge to find it and play it really loud.  I still know all of the words.  It wouldn't have done me any good...  So, I put myself to work instead.  It was then that my tears started falling, and the words to a much better song came.  The words have been ringing in my head for hours:  'Break my heart for what breaks Yours'.  I have been reading up on what it means to take up my cross and follow Him.  How many times will I have to count the cost?  Why do simple choices seem so hard?  Complete acceptance is not always there.  I used to say that acceptance was the key.  Maybe just to my heart...

What a blessing it is to know I am loved unconditionally.  I know I don't even fully grasp it.  But I do know that there is ONE who loves me and accepts me no matter what - and He is so patiently waiting for me to follow Him with 100% complete devotion.  My spirit is willing...but my flesh sure doesn't seem very weak.  If it was, maybe it wouldn't hurt so much to let go of the old and grow up in Christ.

I will hold to Jesus' teaching.  I will know the truth, and the truth will set me free!  Again and again and again.


No comments:

Post a Comment