Sunday, April 17, 2011

Grip of Fear

Recently, I felt the grip of fear and it held on relentlessly.  I prayed.  I declared.  I put God's Word to it.  My boys prayed.  It wasn't letting go.  I tried to read to a book that would no doubt capture my interest and keep it, to occupy my mind, but couldn't concentrate.  Half an hour went by and I was still on the same paragraph - having read it over and over again, but unable to process it.  Too much was swirling in my head.  I logged onto facebook, trying to find some encouragement or someone, anyone, who was awake and might be able to help me...to no avail...and there was nobody to call...not about this.  No lectures, I know that was a lie. ; )

I ended up writing a prayer request and sending it to who the Lord put on my heart...and then I went to bed, and actually slept for a couple of hours, praise the LORD - and thank you to my faithful, praying, friend!  The next day, I approached a friend and asked her to pray with me, explaining what was bothering me.  She did and I felt much better.  It sure is nice to have tangible agreement at times!  I don't even know what to say...the enemy knows our weak spots.  Fear is dangerous - the spirit of fear that is.  

Through this whole ordeal, I learned some things.  Once I was at peace again, I got straight into the Word and was blessed to gain some understanding that I believe will help me to avoid this trap in the future!  I was encouraged by others - the hands and feet of Jesus in this world.  I am so thankful for sisters and brothers in Christ who can lift me up and support me as needed.   

Oh, and with fear out of the way, I felt the Holy Spirit all over me when approached to pray about something concerning our future.  When the God bumps won't go away, I know how to pray - Yes, Lord.  I will obey.

No comments:

Post a Comment