Have you ever stood for something - against all odds - when it looks IMPOSSIBLE? I have. I thank God for His amazing grace and everything that went into preparing me ahead of time - giving me an insatiable hunger and thirst for the truth and satisfying it with His Word. Most of all, I thank Him for His faithfulness. From the beginning I reminded Him, it's YOUR WORD I'm standing on! God's Word does not return to Him void. It always accomplishes what it was sent forth to do.
Today, I thank Him for the HONOR of standing with another. A very special one indeed. I reminded her that in the midst of questions, we can still know and have peace. What do you know? God's voice is still and small - gentle and sure. What have you heard? The words relayed to me today were pray, stand, and believing... Immediately when I heard them - spoken gently but surely - in the face of an impossible situation, I felt the lovely presence of the Holy Spirit all over me - not just a hint - full force!! Do I still hear the voices of doubt and unbelief?! Yes, but I'm good at kicking them out. I don't have to listen to them - they have no place in me.
I am committed to stand - and not back down - holding up the arms of a very special beloved. Those words were spoken to her, and when she spoke them to me, there was no question - we are standing!!
“Have faith in God,” Jesus answered. “Truly I tell you, if anyone says to this mountain, ‘Go, throw yourself into the sea,’ and does not doubt in their heart but believes that what they say will happen, it will be done for them. Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours. And when you stand praying, if you hold anything against anyone, forgive them, so that your Father in heaven may forgive you your sins.” Mark 11:22-25
No comments:
Post a Comment