Saturday, April 9, 2011

Would He? Did He?

Yes He would, and yes He did...  The two passages that have been on my heart for the last two days - and two more very important verses that I needed to hear - were spoken today.  Not to me or over me - but on the other hand - God's - both to me and over me.  The very cry of my heart came out too - again, not from me.  But, the understanding was there.  Only God can orchestrate things so beautifully.  I've come to like it when the Lord takes me through certain things and stuff from the past comes to the forefront of my mind - not to torment me, but to be brought to the light and exposed for what they are, so I can be set free.  It's different than when the enemy taunts - because when he does it, there is no peace - but when God brings it up, there is peace and joy comes.

So, I've been saying that a particular thing doesn't bother me...it's okay.  But, then I've been wondering...is it really okay?  Should I be sad or distraught?  I have been before, so the fact that I'm not now must mean it's okay.  I must have grown enough that it has no more power over me.  I'm not missing something that I never had.  Memories of times of healing have come without the emotion - so, I must be past the pain.  It has no more power.  And please, to a special one who cares, don't worry - don't act - God's got my back.  : )  A little smile there, because it's so like me and something I would do for someone I loved and cared for too.

And then that sly and subtle enemy sneaks up with something and all of a sudden I realize it must really not be okay - I'm not as over things as I thought I was.  There is still emotional pain.  Ouch.  It's good that it's pain though - not anger - not bitterness.  There are no feelings of revenge.  I understand more than I used to and I'm okay.  (Writing this makes me realize that I'm writing about more than one thing here...thank You God for Your amazing love and healing power.) 

Today, realization (or maybe revelation?) came!  There is a certain thing that I've been just a tad bit resistant to - not all the way, but a little nonetheless.  The actions didn't bother me, but the words did just a little.  Probably because they just didn't make all that much sense.  I didn't understand.  I didn't need what was being offered...or so I thought.  God knew what I really needed even if I and maybe even the other person involved didn't really know or at least, didn't completely understand.  But, I think I've got it now.  It makes a little more sense - only what I needed was and is in the natural realm more so than in the spiritual realm.  Leave it to God to straighten everything out in my mind that is ever wondering and questioning about so many things!

Thank You, my loving Heavenly Father, for being all knowing, for always being by my side, for drawing me near and leading me through, guiding me and being patient until I let go and trust You completely.  You, who created my inmost being - in which You dwell.  You, who knit me together in my mother's womb.  You, who wove me together in the depths of the earth and ordained all of my days before one of them ever came to be.  Thank You for my voice.  I will bless You at all times.  Your praise will continually fill my mouth.  My soul will make it's boast in You and the humble will hear it and rejoice.  I rejoice as I humble myself before You and You extend Your sceptor to me.  Thank You my King.  You are so good.  Thank You for being with me as I watch my ways and keep my tongue from sin.  My hope is in You.  I bind my mind to the mind of Christ, my feet to paths of righteousness, and my life to Your will and purpose.  I love You and sure do enjoy basking in Your presence.  I love to sit at Your feet, drink from Your cup, lay back against You and breathe, and feel Your heartbeat.  You know I would love to stay there forever...but, I know that there are things to be done, and I must go.  So, I'm glad You are coming with me to cook dinner and do dishes!!  In Jesus' name I pray, amen.

What's hidden in my name?

Psalm 24:7-10

Lift up your heads, O you gates;
   be lifted up, you ancient doors,
   that the King of glory may come in.
Who is this King of glory?
   The LORD strong and mighty,
   the LORD mighty in battle.
Lift up your heads, O you gates;
   lift them up, you ancient doors,
   that the King of glory may come in.
Who is he, this King of glory?
   The LORD Almighty—
   he is the King of glory.

                         Selah


Welcome, my King.


Psalm 24, Psalm 34, Psalm 39, Psalm 139

 

No comments:

Post a Comment