Today, I was washing some dishes when all of a sudden, I heard a clunk and saw a blur. Freaky! It's happened about three times now...my lens popped out of my frames. I try to remember to keep a close check on the screw, but didn't remember this morning. I'm very thankful the screw hasn't gotten lost!
Every time it happens, it reminds me of the time a supervisor of mine was in a meeting with her boss and some other important people. She came back over to our area and proceeded to tell us how embarrassed she was that her lens had popped out of her frames during the meeting. Well, I started laughing and couldn't quit. Terrible I know, but I couldn't help it. Needless to say, she wasn't very impressed. Even writing it has me laughing out loud...and it's still hard to quit. lol
Thinking about that brought to memory a couple of other good laughs...
Like, the time I was early for Sunday school class and was sitting at a table chatting with a friend. A lady I didn't know joined us. We were kind of just shooting the breeze...and I decided to put some lotion on my hands. For some reason, it wasn't coming out of the tube, so I squeezed harder. It came out that time, but from the opposite side...splatting the other lady...her hair...her sweater...everywhere. I started laughing...and couldn't quit. It was terrible! My friend looked a little scared and I did not blame her. I was trying so hard to contain it, but it just kept rolling. I thought it was because I was embarrassed but, I have to wonder now. God really seems to have a sense of humor, and looking back on that, I think He may have been laughing with me.
Oh my goodness, I need a tissue now...I've gotten some good laughing in writing these!!
Last but not least, is the hilarious Pineapple Express experience I had with my 3 youngest boys. We were at Hawaiian Falls for the first time ever. All four of us started up the stairs to the slide, but only two of us made it to the top - the other two going back down to watch and wait. When our turn came, we laid our mats down and prepared to slide, but when it was time, mine didn't move. After trying for a second or two, I looked over at the ride guy and asked why. With the look he gave me, I started to say 'nevermind, don't answer that' but he was already getting up to come over and help me. Before he got to me, down I went - and not quietly... I screamed with glee the whole way down, bumping over the water - and with the boys as witnesses, and everyone else in the crowd that day - made the BIGGEST SPLASH EVER when I got to the bottom. Everybody within watching distance got wet. I was pretty embarrassed - and it was indeed hilarious!! We still laugh about it everytime we remember it.
Today was a good day. We spent lots of time out in the beautiful weather. Gary gave me $ to take Kailyn and the boys to eat lunch at McD's. My mom went home from the hospital. It looks like the boys might actually finish school ahead of schedule - which on most days, doesn't seem possible, but...we are almost done! After one last trip to the park, Darrell, the boys, and I watched "Secretariat" tonight, and we highly recommend it! And, I got to write in my blog...and laugh! Great way to end the day.
No comments:
Post a Comment